Innovate@IWS, co-organized by Isle, brings dynamic live presentations to a competition in which finalists (innovators from municipal, industrial and real estate sectors) will pitch to a distinguished panel of judges from across the MENA region, in a ‘Dragon’s Den’ styled competition, to determine the most promising technologies. The competition takes place during International Water Summit, from 15-18 January 2018.
What is Innovate@IWS?
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are searching the globe for the most innovative next generation technologies in water sustainability in municipal, industrial and real estate sectors, with particular interest in smart water solutions. The winners are selected based on excellence, uniqueness, business potential or long-term vision.
- Submit your nomination via IWS website no later than November 17th, 2017
- A conference call will be hosted by Isle to discuss technology and due diligence
- Isle sends confirmation if shortlisted for Innovate@IWS
- Finalists will compete at Innovate@IWS during the International Water Summit (15-18 January 2018) and a judge panel will select the winners
Eligibility and conditions
- Both start-up and established companies with new technologies are eligible, the ones registered with Isle and the ones relevant to the competition’s sectors
- Once selected as finalist, there will be a registration fee of USD 500
- Shortlisted exhibitors can showcase their innovations at their own booth identified by an Innovate@IWS sticker during International Water Summit
- Exhibitors who are part of the Smart Water Hub are exempted from USD 500 registration fee
Apart from the prestige of coming first, winners will have dedicated meetings with potential stakeholders for investment, with end users and partner with global investment communities.
Winners of the Innovate@IWS 2017 competition:
New Sky Energy
New Sky’s SulfurCycle-R (SCR) process is a breakthrough gas sweetening technology that dramatically lowers the cost of H2S treatment, providing wastewater plants and landfills strong economic incentives to pursue renewable natural gas projects.
Salttech has developed the solution for treating high salinity polluted water in a single step process simply separating H2O from all the salts and other components in the influent. Salttech’s DyVaR technology provides the first Zero Liquid Discharge process (ZLD) that combines FULL water recovery with low cost operation.
Waterblade is a new and proven technology that at least halves the water consumption of your basin tap by taking a trickle of water and using its surface tension to spread it into a paper-thin sheet of water that gives a remarkably effective, efficient and luxurious hand wash.